2nd Sendai App Contest DA･TE･APPS! 2016
Final Judging/Awards Ceremony
- Date and time:
- February 14th, 2016 (Sun) 13:00 – 17:00
- 1st Floor Open Square, Sendai Mediateque
- General MC
- Ryo Hara, Representative Secretary, GLOBAL Lab SENDAI Consortium
- Special MC
- Voice Actor/Singer Satomi Sato
- Masanobu Endo, Professor, Tokyo Polytechnic University (Jury President)
- Yuichi Kogure, Assistant Professor, Aomori Public University
- Yohei Yanase, Creative Strategist, Unity Technologies Japan G.K.
- Masataka Yoshida, Associate Professor, Tohoku University of Art And Design
The 2nd contest was aimed at students from senior high schools, vocational schools, technical schools, universities, and graduate schools, who live or study in one of the six Tohoku prefectures (Aomori Prefecture, Akita Prefecture, Iwate Prefecture, Yamagata Prefecture, Miyagi Prefecture, Fukushima Prefecture), with applications accepted across three categories: the Games Category (a competition for the best proprietary and not-yet officially launched game for Windows PCs or mobile devices), the Sponsor Category (for creating ideas based on the themes supplied by the sponsors), and the OGL Lab CAMP Category (aimed at the participants of the OGL Lab CAMP launched in September 2015).
On the day of the contest, there were presentations made by the finalists of the Games Category and the OGL Lab CAMP Category, as well as the prize winners of the Sponsor Category. In addition, there were talk sessions led by the judges Prof. Endo, Prof. Kogure, Mr. Yanase, and Prof. Yoshida, covering a variety of topics such as the potential and challenges experienced by students; what is currently lacking in terms of the games/IT industry in Sendai, Tohoku; the ways in which students can become involved, and more.
“Also, BusinessOulu’s International Coordinator and Japan Liaison Takako Uchida attended the venue from Oulu, giving an introduction of Oulu’s features and OGL’s initiatives, and OGL Lab Master Patty Toledo gave an message of encouragement to the students participating in the OGL Lab CAMP Category.
In addition, there were also hands-on booths for the works participating in the contest, as well as exhibition booths by the city’s vocational schools and sponsoring companies, attracting over 250 people to the event.”
- Work Title: “Primal Encounter”
- Takumi Sugahara, Hiroki Miyagawa, Yuki Yamauchi (Year 2, Game College, Human Academy Sendai Campus)
- Work Title: “Fish Panic”
- Tatsuhiko Sato (Year 1, Game College, Human Academy Sendai Campus)
OGL Lab CAMP Category
- Work Title: “Yuke! Date Man” (Go! Dandy Man)
- Shunta Endo (Year 1, Game Creator Department, Digital Arts College Sendai)